The 2023 NASCAR Cup Series is officially here, and the first exhibition race of the season is the Busch Light Clash at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. After an exciting offseason that saw driver and team personnel changes, fans are eager to see who will come out on top and set the tone for the rest of the season. Here’s everything you need to know for Sunday’s race.
|Location||Los Angeles, California|
|Date||Sun, Feb 5, 5:00 PM|
|Time||8 p.m. ET|
|Grand marshal||Rob Lowe, actor, filmmaker and podcast host|
|Honorary starter||Caleb Williams, Heisman trophy winner|
|Race distance||150 laps | 37.5 miles|
|Stages||Break at Lap 75|
|Streaming Network||FOX, FOX Sports App|
|Listing Network||MRN, SiriusXM)|
Key Things to Watch
Joey Logano won the Clash at the Coliseum last year and went on to win the Cup Series championship. While this is just an exhibition race, it could serve as a good indicator for the rest of the season. 27 drivers will be competing this year, the largest field since 2009, making the odds for Logano to win the Clash again slimmer.
Chase Elliott is the betting favorite to win, but keep an eye out for AJ Allmendinger. After finishing ninth overall in his 2022 debut in the Cup Series, Allmendinger is ready to make a statement in his first full-time season in the Next Gen era.
Read Also: How to watch Daytona 500
Get ready for the race with our comprehensive coverage, including:
- Paint Scheme Preview: See the colors and schemes for the Clash and pick a favorite.
- Power Rankings: Check out the top 10 drivers with playoff spoiler potential.
- Betting Odds: See the favorites and long shots to win at the Coliseum.
- Season Previews: Learn about the upcoming season and whether Kyle Busch can take RCR back to the glory days.
- Championship Cards: Find out who the betting favorites are to win the Cup Series championship.
Hot Off the Press
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and key stories leading up to the race, including:
- New Year, New Rules: NASCAR announced rules modifications for the 2023 season.
- Safety Enhancements: NASCAR has made safety improvements and mandated data collection for the Next Gen era.
- 75th Anniversary Season: NASCAR gears up for its landmark 75th anniversary season.
- Garage 56: Testing at Daytona ramps up ahead of Le Mans with Jimmie Johnson among the driver lineup.
- Milestones to Watch: Keep an eye out for key milestones for drivers before the 2023 season.
- Stacking Pennies: Ryan Preece joins the podcast to talk about his promotion.
- Chicago Street Race: General admission tickets are now on sale.
- Team News: Joe Gibbs Racing expands its partnership with Interstate Batteries.
- NASCAR Fan Rewards: A new rewards program launches for NASCAR fans.
Don’t miss the Busch Light Clash at the Coliseum on Sunday, February 5th, as the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series officially kicks off. Get ready for an exciting race with our comprehensive coverage, and see who will come out on top and set the tone for the rest of the season.